There are a few things you can do to help stop VRChat from crashing on your computer. By following the tips in this article, you should be able to keep your chats going without any problems.
How to Stop VRChat From Crashing?
Here are some tips to help you stop VRChat from crashing:
1. Check for Updates – Make sure that you have the latest version of VRChat installed on your computer. This will ensure that any bugs or glitches have been fixed and that the game runs smoothly without crashing.
2. Close Unnecessary Programs – When playing VRChat, make sure to close any unnecessary programs that are running in the background. This will help free up resources on your computer and reduce the chances of VRChat crashing.
3. Increase Your RAM – Increasing your computer’s RAM (random access memory) can help reduce the chances of VRChat crashing. You can either buy more RAM or upgrade it yourself if you know what you’re doing.
4. Change Graphics Settings – If your computer can’t handle the graphics settings that VRChat requires, then you may want to reduce the quality of the visuals or turn off certain features such as shadows and reflections. This will help reduce the strain on your computer and should stop VRChat from crashing.
5. Update the Graphics Card Driver – If you’re having trouble with VRChat crashing, it might be because you have an outdated or corrupted graphics card driver. To fix this, make sure you have installed the latest graphics driver software. You can use a professional third-party driver updater or Device Manager to update your drivers.
6. Ensure the Stability of your Game – If you are experiencing crashing in VRChat, one thing you can try is resetting your avatar to default. If the issue persists, it may be due to corrupted or missing game files. To check for this, Steam provides a verify feature for game files.
7. Allow VRChat Through Your Firewall – TheVRChat program can be blocked entirely if the firewall is not properly configured. The firewall is designed to protect computers from outside attacks by only allowing trusted networks access; however, this can occasionally lead to problems with using VRChat.
8. Reset Your VRChat Avatars – If you are having trouble with the game crashing, it could be due to a corrupted avatar. You can reset your avatars by deleting the avatars folder in your VRChat installation directory.
9. Try Reinstalling VRChat – If none of these tips have worked, try reinstalling VRChat completely by uninstalling it and then downloading it again from the official website. This will ensure that all files are up to date and that any potential issues have been fixed.
10. Create A New VRChat Account – If all else fails, you can create a new VRChat account and see if the issue persists. Sometimes, problems with your original account may cause the game to crash or become unresponsive. A fresh start may be the answer.
Before you go through the above tips, it’s also important to do some basic troubleshooting. Try restarting your computer and then trying again. This will help clear up any temporary issues that may be preventing VRChat from running properly. Also, make sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for running VRChat. Check your internet connection too and make sure that you are connected to a stable network.
By following these tips, you should be able to keep your VRChat chats going without any issues or crashes. If you find that the game is still crashing, then it may be best to contact the customer support team for more help in troubleshooting the issue.