Last Updated on January 4, 2022
As the name suggests, VRChat is a virtual reality social media platform that lets you interact with tons of VR enthusiasts all around the globe.
The best thing about VRChat is that you don’t even need any expensive equipment to get started.
With how easy it is to access this awesome platform, more and more amazing people keep on joining every day. Once you are friends with someone, you can invite them to your world and visit their world at any given time! So, of course, you’ll want to have tons of friends in VRChat.
When you’re new to VRChat, it can be a little hard to figure out how to add someone to your friends’ list. However, this article is going to help you finally understand how the entire social menu works.
How to Add Friends on VRChat?
Adding someone as a friend on VRChat is easy. Simply follow the steps below!
1. Press the Esc button if you are on PC or the B button on your controller if you are playing the game using a controller. This will bring up the quick menu of VRChat.
2. This menu might look a bit complex to a newbie, but you simply have to select the “Social” option.
3. In the social menu, you will be able to see all the people that are currently present in the same room as you, all of your friends that are currently online on VRChat and all of your friends that are currently offline.
4. If you are trying to add someone that is in the same room as you as your friend, then you simply need to find their name and avatar on the list.
If you are trying to add someone that is not currently online or is in another world at the moment, then you will have to switch to the search tab. Simply type out the username of the player you are trying to add as a friend, and their avatar and name should show up on your screen.
5. Now that you have found the player that you’re trying to add as a friend, you simply need to select the friend button, and a friend request will get sent to that person.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully befriended someone on VRChat!
how to mute or block someone in VRChat?
As you can see, there are also some other options present when you select the avatar of another player in the social menu.
Simply select mute if you don’t want to hear the sound of any annoying player present around you.
If someone is really getting on your nerves, then you can select block instead to stop any kind of interaction. And lastly, you can select the report button as well if they are breaking any of the rules of VRChat.