Last Updated on September 26, 2021
As quite evident by its name, VRChat is an online virtual reality game that allows you to interact with numerous people around the world.
By making 3D models of your own, you enter a completely different universe of virtual reality, and through your second life, participate in innumerable social activities that you would in your day to day life.
Unlike some other games out there, you barely need any expensive equipment, only your PC and mouse should be sufficient. Considering how easy to use and entertaining this platform is, the community gets larger each day.
With that in mind, I do realize that some tasks can be quite tricky to accomplish, especially if you’re new to VRChat.
In this article, I will try to highlight the issue of deleting avatars in VRChat.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
How to delete an avatar in VRChat
1. Deleting an avatar is definitely not a tricky task once you know how it is done. The first thing you need to do is go to VRchat SDK, and then click on the option “uploaded content.”
2. In this section, everything you have uploaded in your VRChat profile will be available. With that in mind, you can also change the information of any of those files. One of the tasks that you can perform in this section is the deletion of certain files, which includes deleting your avatars as well.
3. Keep in mind that you do not delete important files in the process, as the probability of this happening is significantly high. If you have uploaded numerous avatars that are hard to distinguish, you will have to precisely choose the avatar that you want to delete, or else you might end up deleting the incorrect one. To make things simpler, remembering the file names can be very useful to avoid this situation overall.
Well, that’s all there is to “how to delete avatars in VRChat.”
What is avatar cloning?
Whilst in the process, do you ever see an avatar in VRChat that you want to try out so badly? Well, what if I tell you that you can do exactly that by a process known as “Avatar Cloning”. The steps are simple and easy, just simply follow these instructions
1. Cloning avatars can only work in specific conditions. If a person has a public avatar and they have “Allow Avatar Cloning” enabled, then you can consider yourself lucky! You’re now about to acquire that very avatar for yourself.
2. The next step is to open your Quick Menu. This is the menu option inside VRChat, which is also accessible by the ESC button on your keyboard.
3. Now you’re just a click away from acquiring your desired avatar! Click on the user that has your desired avatar.
4. If the condition of making the avatar public has been fulfilled, and the user has enabled the avatar to be cloned, the “Clone Public Avatar” button will be lit up.
Voila! Your job is done.